Monday, February 27, 2017

THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Psalm 18:1-3 KJV
18 I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Dearest beautiful mamas,

HAPPY MONDAY!!!

I hope that you and yours are well!

I'm cheering for one and all as we buckle down to accomplish myriad tasks this week. Remember, YOU are competent! YOU are able! YOU can do ALL things through Christ!

In Psalm 18, David reminds us that God is our strength, fortress, and deliverer. In verse 4, we learn that David called upon the Lord so that he would be saved from his enemies.  God is indeed our strong tower. We can run to Him. We can hide in Him as He wages battles on our behalf. Our victory is in God alone! Glory hallelujah!

Dearest Sisters, you can trust God with the cares and concerns of your heart. If there are seemingly insurmountable challenges in your life, run to Jesus! If there are wicked enemies that plot all manners of evil against you, run to Jesus! Cry out to Jesus; He will rescue you!

I'm praying for us all! I trust that God will deliver us! The Lord is faithful and just! Continue happily and joyfully in your role as mother!!!

Being a single mom is challenging but God looks upon our humble estate with compassion and understanding. We have to continually remind ourselves that God knows EVERYTHING about us and our struggles. He knew that our hubbys would break our hearts and break their promises. God knew that we would have to work and raise our kiddos day-to-day without substantial support, let alone encouragement. GOD KNEW!!! And, He is walking alongside us to bolster our strength and lift us up when we fall down. Divorce permanently impacts our families but God ensures that a lot of the imminent changes (post-divorce) are for our good.

Many of us want to make a difference in the world! We want to do something great! We want to have a significant, meaningful impact! We want to feel special! We want to do something special! Sometimes, it seems that our chances are eroded because of divorce. By and large, many of us derived our identities from our husbands and our marital status. Generally speaking, when our marital titles and possessions were stripped away from us, we were left feeling unwanted and unimportant. Those feelings were very real but but very untrue. Beloved, YOU are special. Divorce can never strip us of our roles as loving, dutiful, faithful mothers!

We change the world with every hug we give our loved ones, with every bedtime story we read to our kiddos, with every meal that we cook, with every moment that we play with our children, and with every task that we wrap in love such as laundry, chauffeuring, reviewing homework, or dampening a fevered brow. We make a difference by loving our kiddos through the trials, tribulations, and triumphs of life. No person in history has ever done anything great without a mother's love.

The devil will attempt to distract us from our all important assignment as keepers of our homes. Don't fall for the distractions. As the old folks say, "charity begins at home." When the load gets hard to bear, fall on Jesus. He is our rock! He will bear us up.

I'm cheering for you all!!!

I'm praying for you all!!!

Have a glorious day!

Love and blessings

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment