Thursday, February 9, 2017

DATING AGAIN

Dearest Ladies,

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

Has anyone jumped back into the dating/ courting world? What was your experience? Are you still there? How are things going?

If your heart is still beating....if your heart has fluttered and skipped a beat because of the thought of a new adventure with love or romance, YAY! HOORAY! I'm not sure what your future holds; GOD DOES! But, feeling lovely and loved coupled with butterflies in your stomach is a sign of your healing and progress towards complete restoration and renewal. Continue to fight forward!

Often we assume that recovery from sickness like a common cold is guaranteed. We also readily believe that broken bones can and will heal with proper attention. Yet, we are often doubtful about the heart's ability to be healed after trauma. When we are hurt, we often wonder if we will EVER recover and bounce back. Well sisters, God is a heart surgeon. It is His great pleasure and will to heal our hurting hearts. Allow the Lord to minister to YOU!!!!

I was out and about several days ago. I was conducting business transactions when all of a sudden I was startled by an approaching man.
I was completely side swiped.

I don't even recall his salutation. He quickly began a monologue on his physical attraction to me. He went on and on. I was speechless. I hadn't received so much fanfare and attention since FOREVER. I didn't know how to process the 'sweet nothings,' the accolades, nor the attention. I wanted to drop everything and run. But, I held my ground.

Eventually, I mustered up the courage to respond. I believe it was a coherent statement because a brief conversation ensued. After all was said and done, we exchanged numbers and departed.

Initially, I felt giddy, electrified, and excitable. I felt my gradual ascent to cloud 9. Could it be that love had found me?! I was bitten by the 'love bug.'

Hours later, reality yanked me down from cloud 9. I felt strange. All at once, it felt awesome to be on the receiving end of an intelligent, handsome man's attention but somehow a budding 'love' interest and all of its entanglements felt awkward; 'love' didn't appear to fit in my busy, single-parent world. His smile was perfect. His deep baritone voice was comforting. His handshake was firm yet friendly. He appeared to be a winner. But, there was so much more to discover about Mr. Prince Charming.

My heart felt ready for a new adventure but my 'world' did not seem to have a vacant corner where a new love interest could take hold and occupy. This gentleman shared that he also is a divorced, single parent although a few years old. I guess that similar identity should have been reassuring but somehow I couldn't clinch the assurance that I sought after I slipped away from his inviting, warm gaze.

Many thoughts raced through my mind before I received the first text, "goodnight beautiful." The attention felt great but I wasn't ready to lose myself in the plummeting, all-consuming power of romance and love. I was simultaneously excited and nervous. Love requires many risks. I wasn't sure if I was up for the challenge. Starting a new friendship requires time, energy, and selflessness. I wasn't sure if I had time, energy, or 'self' to give.

It all felt so overwhelming yet I felt affirmed and validated. It felt great to be noticed especially when I had done nothing special to warrant anyone's, let alone any man's, attention. Inhale! Exhale!

Presently, I am fully committed to single parenting. I'm already triple booked in many areas. I haven't dated in FOREVER. Where could I possibly squeeze love? I couldn't even easily take off on a date. It's challenging enough to get a sitter for my business appointments. Who would be available to sit for dates?

I was quickly exhausted thinking about myriad possibilities and impossibilities.....

I have occasionally day dreamed about courting again. I have also given thought to remarriage. I have even glanced through a couple of bridal magazines to stay abreast of the current trends in the industry. I was once looking forward to the future hope of new marital bliss and romantic adventure. But, when the chance surfaced, I scurried away. Cold feet got the best of me.

I won't be on a hot date with a hot man this Valentine's Day but I still feel very, very loved and grateful for my progress with healing.

Do any of you have 'love interests' stories to share? Has anyone vowed to remain single indefinitely in order to be single-handedly devoted to motherhood? Has anyone experienced recent dating or courting? Is anyone looking forward to marriage/ remarriage sooner than later? Can anyone relate to my experience? Please feel free to share.

We all are on the journey to renewal and restoration. With each and every day, we are moving closer and closer to God's intended goals for our lives. We all are a work in progress. The Lord God will finish the good work that He began in us many years ago.

I'm not sure of your cares and concerns during this month of love but I pray that you are filled with God's unspeakable joy. I hope that you are persuaded of God's enduring, faithful love towards you and yours. God loves YOU! Your kiddos love YOU! A host of family and friends love YOU! And, I love YOU!

YOU. ARE. LOVED.

Enjoy those that love you on TODAY!!! Enjoy each moment with your loved ones. The days are long but the years are short. ENJOY!

In God's sovereignty, you may experience romantic love again. Surely, people fall in love in mysterious ways. But, wait for God's lead. Don't rush. The Lord will make EVERYTHING beautiful in His timing.

Love and blessings beautiful mamas

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment