Monday, February 6, 2017

MY SOUL HAS BEEN ANCHORED

My Soul Has Been Anchored

Verse:
Though the storms keep on raging in my life,
and sometimes it's hard to tell the night from day.
Still that hope that lies within is reassured
as I keep my eyes upon the distant shore;
I know He'll lead me safely to that
blessed place He has prepared

Chorus:
But if the storms don't cease,
and if the wind keeps on blowing,
my soul has been anchored in the Lord.

Bridge:
I realize that somtimes in this life
you're gonna be tossed by the waves
and currents that seem so fierce,
but in the word of God I've got an anchor;
and it keeps me steadfast and unmovable

Dearest Sisters,

HAPPY MONDAY!

I had the privilege of celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday this past weekend. Up above, I posted lyrics to a song that my father sung to my grandmother. You can hear the song with a quick GOOGLE or YOU TUBE search.

My father's rendition was very, very encouraging. I don't believe there was a dry eye in the room. My dad's song selection was absolutely glorious and such a fitting tribute to my grandmother. She has been through a lot in 90 years but she's still a 'tough ole bird.' She is a baby of the Great Depression era. If you know the caliber of the folks of that era then you know my grandmother. Interestingly, she is one year younger than the current reigning Queen Elizabeth II. They both are very poised, graceful, and wise beyond their years.

As I listened to my father's serenade, I reflected on the storms that continually blow into our lives as divorcees and single parents. The storms are many and sometimes long. But, WE ARE STILL HERE!

Sisters, I want to remind you that God is our anchor. His word is the rope that secures us to Him, our anchor. Storms will rage. Winds will blow. But, God will keep us from being overtaken and defeated.

THE LORD IS OUR ANCHOR!!!!

GOD IS OUR ANCHOR!!!

God never promised to give us storm-free lives. Jesus didn't have a storm-free life and we won't either. BUT, the single most beautiful difference between our lives and that of unbelievers is that God promises to hold our hands during the storms. He promised to never leave us nor forsake us. So, hang on! The storms will come....the storms will rage....the winds will blow. BUT, God is our anchor.

BE ENCOURAGED sweet, beautiful mamas.

God is for you and yours!

Go, fight, win!

Be radiant and resilient!

YOU are God's beautiful creation!

Love and blessings

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment